6.26.2007

Water in the middle of desert is not something to be ignored.
And so Chris and I made our way out to Tingley Beach a group of 5 man-made lakes all set in a nice neat row, one right after the other. It certainly is a far cry from the clear blue tree lined lakes that I have been used to back East, but still there is a certain irresistable peace that comes from sitting by a body of water hearing voices echo across and the gentle breeze that makes it's way nearby. Whether walking along Putnam Pond nestled in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains or sitting by these well organized muddy lakes, I always seem to be making memories along the edges.



And by the way has anybody ever seen a Live Bait vending machine???
I had never heard of these things before this weekend. Quite amazing, actually, in a strange sort of way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the craziest thing I've ever seen! And here I thought ice cream vending machines were a novel idea!