7.09.2007

You would think that by the time I got around to weaning Baby #3 making homemade baby food would have finally lost some of its appeal. Not so!! Every time a new child comes along I start blending up those organic steamed carrots, peas and beets and never cease to be so amazed by their vibrant colors and lovely aromas.



Making baby food is so fast, fun and inexpensive that I cannot encourage enough moms to try it out. There are loads of resources on the internet to help you out and you don't need much equipment. About twice a week I make Pepper her food. Some fruits for breakfast and veggies for lunch and dinner, along with oatmeal and rice.

When Isaac was a baby I bought The Petite Appetit Cookbook - Easy, Organic Recipes to Nurture Your Baby and Toddler by Lisa Barnes and it has remained a steadfast kitchen companion, even when I am looking for some snacks to cook up for my older ones.

Pepper always dives into her fresh food with such gusto. I feel good knowing exactly what is in it, that it is the freshest possible and made with much love.

No comments: